Tuesday, January 13, 2015

THOMSON CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 ON 25 JANUARY

The 10th Thomson Chess Club Championship will be held on 25 January at the Thomson Community Club Hall from 10am till 6pm.

It is open for members only, hence those interested to play MUST sign up at the Thomson CC as members of the Chess Club. You need to have a valid PAssioncard before joining.

The tournament details are provided at

http://singaporechess.org.sg/calendar/17-local-events/103-thomson-chess-club-club-championship-2015,

Closing date is 21 January 2015 10pm.

There are 2 sections, the Seniors (No age limit) and Juniors (aged 12 and under).

Prizes will be given based number of entries received, minimally 5 per section.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Lokesh Khandelwal. I am new to Singapore (with Employment pass) and want to learn chess and participate. I came to this page, and I want to participate. It does not tell me any contact (phone/address) where I can go and register for the championship.
    Also please tell me, if I have only PassionCard (I can get it from Community center in Jurong), does that imply I have become a member ? Or do I need to pay more fees. Where?

    My mail is lokesh.khandelwal92@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lokesh,

      The event is organised by the Thomson Community Club located at 194 Upper Thomson Road.

      You need to sign up as a Chess Club member at the Thomson Community Club office. Before that, you need to possess a valid PAssioncard. Membership fee is $18 a year.

      Please register before 21 January 10pm at the Thomson Community Club.

      Delete